Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Planting a Garden

I have discovered something about myself since I started this blog. I am not yet good at writing & coming up with ideas for writing. Unlike pottery, I can come up with infinite ideas that will keep me busy for months, years...centuries. I am hopefully going to get better about putting my thoughts down. I better practice!

My kids & I have been starting our very first garden. I have had small gardens in the past, like growing tomatoes in a pot on my patio. But this year I will have a "real" garden...I hope.

My little helpers & I started the seeds in clear totes that act as little green houses. On the outside of the cup we wrote the kind of seed that is in the cup with a marker.





I have tons of work ahead of me. I still have to build the raised flower beds out of cinder block. Here is the pile I have to work with. 


This is the pretty (not) little patch of land I have to work with. Swing set goes tomorrow!

This is what I hope my garden will look like soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment